You have no items in your shopping cart.
After Care Instructions For Eyebrows
Recently some people have contacted me with questions about the relationship between pigment fixation and care after the permanent makeup or microblading procedure, which is why I decided to share this information with you.
Remember that there are several factors that affect the fixation of the pigment including the skin type of your client, his or her immune system response, the number of passes you during the procedure, and the technique that is performed, but it is also very important that the person follow the instructions post procedure correctly since this directly affects the color retention and of course the final result.
A good communication is the key to the satisfaction of your clientele, therefore give them the instructions that are in the attached format and discuss it with them, this way you will confirm that they understand each step.
It is very important to call them the next day and follow the instructions. This will give confidence to your client and reaffirm your commitment to her health. I assure you that this call can avoid future claims.
AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- If you have any type of inflammation, we recommend that you apply cold (ice packs) for 5 - 10 minutes every hour for the first three hours after the procedure. Ice is used to minimize swelling and provide comfort.
- Do not take aspirin, as this promotes bleeding at the treatment sites. The use of an over-the-counter medication is recommended for the temporary relief of pain.
- Apply RecoverAll over the treatment area 2-3 times per day during the following week, or when the area feels dry. Maintaining the hydrated area is important for color retention.
- Do not remove any scabs or dry areas that may form during the healing process, this may cause you to lose color or damage to your skin. Instead, apply the RecoverAll.
- Do not use facial creams, exfoliants or strong cleansers around your eyebrows during the healing process.
- You can clean the area with a clean cotton with warm water. If water falls directly on your treated area, pad dry and dont rub.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun during the first two weeks and use sunscreen.
- You should not smoke or be exposed to cigarette smoke for the first 48 hours as the tone of the makeup may change.
- You should avoid contact with chlorinated water (pool) during the first two weeks. Decrease normal work during the first 24 hours.
- Do not do any exercise such as aerobics, dancing or lifting weights for at least three days after the procedure.
- The color will begin to oxidize immediately and for the next 3-4 days. This causes the pigment to darken. Do not be alarmed, this dark color will fall off or gradually return to the color that was implanted. In some skin types some pigment clearance may occur, therefore, if this happens, do NOT be alarmed, this may be normal and there will be pigment in the skin a month after the procedure. If there is no pigment left one month after the procedure, it will be necessary to put it back.
- You will see the final result a month later. If at that moment you notice that you need some type of retouching, it is time to do it and I will be happy to assist you. If during the month following the procedure you do not contact me, I will understand that you are satisfied with the result and that the work is finished.