You have no items in your shopping cart.
What to expect from Permanent Makeup Lips?
Some of the most fantastic work in permanent makeup is seen with SofTap® lip procedures.
- The results are as they should be—a soft and natural enhancement to your existing lip.
- Lip procedures are some of the most design intensive and technically difficult treatments to perform.
- The lips are tactile organs, with very thin skin that is constantly being exfoliated by natural processes.
- This exfoliation makes it difficult for color to remain true after the procedure.
- Your SofTap® technician needs to implant color beneath these skin layers, deep in the dermis, for it to remain there.
- As a result your perfect lips are more likely to be achieved after two or three treatments, instead of the usual one.
- Lip procedures are pricier than eyeliner or eyebrows because more labor is involved.
- Lips need to be shaped perfectly, outlined precisely, and filled in using many different tools and techniques.
- Topical anesthetic is used to numb the outside of the lip, and an oral anesthetic is used for the inside.
- Typically treatments are completed within two hours, however time varies depending on the extent of design and skin type.
- Crooked and receded lips may take more time than shapely or less mature lips.
- After the procedure, expect some tightness and sensitivity--this is due to swelling and natural collagen formation.
- Lips do form some natural collagen as part of their local inflammatory response.
- This may last a few days. See our Post Treatment Instructions for Lips to learn about caring for your new lips.
- Do expect some fading of color--your lips are not going to stay as dark as they were after your first treatment.
- Some clients find that nearly all of their color disappears, which is why more than one application is recommended.
- Once color is permanently implanted, expect your final results to be about three shades lighter than they were right after your last procedure.
- Once your lips are set, they're set. The color will be permanent and it is unlikely you will need a touch up. Be careful though! You may want more!