4 Tips for Selecting Colors using the Fitzpatrick Skin Types
With Softap colors, I can achieve the naturalness that I want when I perform this technique. I choose the color that most resembles the natural eyebrow of my client.
HERE ARE MY TIPS:
FOR SKIN TYPE 1
Strawberry blondes, redheads or auburn hair color with green eyes, light skin, and eyebrows
- For a dark brown look, then use Chocolate Truffle, Royal Fudge, or Cafe Ole.
- For a medium brown look, you may want to use either Cocoa or Copper.
- For a light brown look; use Bordeaux, Cappuccino, Milk Chocolate, or Caramel.
- Remember that red counteracts green and vice-versa. Therefore a client with an olive complexion will absorb a red color better because the green will absorb the red in the color.
FOR SKIN TYPE 2
Blondes, gray, or white hair with blue eyes, blond hair, blond eyebrows, and light skin.
- The most popular colors for ash blondes are those in the Cool Collection, Fawn, Hazelnut, or Bashful Blonde.
- For an even lighter choice, use Amber for the client that does not want too cool or too warm of a color.
FOR SKIN TYPE 3
Brunettes of Dark, Medium, and Light Brown hair with honey or light brown eyes, light skin, and light eyebrows.
- For a black color use Mahogany.
For a medium to dark brown color, use Earth, Expresso or German Chocolate.
For a medium brown color, use Cafe Vienna or Cappuccino.
- For a lighter brown color Fawn, Hazelnut, or Bashful Blonde.
FOR SKIN TYPE 4
FOR SKIN TYPE 5
FOR SKIN TYPE 6
With darker skin, black eyes, hair and black eyebrows I usually use Mahogany.
For clients with skin types 4, 5, & 6 use the following colors as your guide:
For a black look, use Mahogany.
For a dark brown look, then use German Chocolate, Cafe Ole, or Royal Fudge.
For a medium brown look, you may want to use either Chocolate Truffle, Cocoa, or Copper.
- For a light brown look; use Bordeaux, Milk Chocolate, or Caramel.
At BuyPermanentMakeup we've developed a way for you to easily find out which is the best color for your clients, try the Color Finder App today!
I hope what I do will inspire you for your next Procedure!
Dr. Sandra Piedad Cardona